Now if you keep up with my channel (click HERE) you would've seen me haul a bajonker load of Korean Cosmetics, including a few of the play 101 pencils.
There is 50 colors available in the entire range (click HERE to view entire range) and are roughly about $7.00AU a pop.
They claim to be versatile and formulated, where you can use them anywhere on the face, (one pencil can be used as contour, highlight, eyeshadow, liner, eyebrow, lip, blush, concealer... you name it!).
I will be reviewing:
- Products Texture and application
- Colour pay off
- Lasting power
NO. 5 - a shimmery ivory colour.
NO.17 - A vibrant pink shade (favourite alert!)
NO. 45 - A bronze brown with some subtle gold flecks through it.
- The products come packaged in a box the same colour as the product you purchased
- They are in a wind up form - quick, easy and convenient when you need more product
- Comes with a cap - like most
- Attached to the bottom of each pencil is a sharpener - so convenient when you want a more sharp, crisp line, making it more versatile when it comes to where you apply it on the face.
- The sharpener attachment is the same colour as the specific pencil colour - Love this! So easy when it comes to grabbing it out of your make up drawer, no need to read any colour names or open up a bunch of pencils to get to the colour you want.
APPLICATION & LASTING POWER
Before application of any of the 101 Pencils. Here I have already applied foundation, concealer and my brows are done - I did not apply any eye or face primers.
After Application of the 101 Pencils.
NO. 5 - Used as a highlighter, under my brows, inner corners of my eyes and the tops of my cheek bones.
NO. 17 - Used as an eyeshadow all over my eyelid.
NO. 45 - Applied as blush and lip colour.
- Application - Very smooth and easy to blend (used fingers for blending), it does set fairly fast so I definitely recommend to blend as soon as applied.
- Very opaque, all applied with one layer and the colour pay off is amazing.
After doing the rest of my hair and make up, I finished the look off by applying liquid liner and mascara.
3hrs After Application
PS. Throughout the day I did not retouch or blot anywhere because I didn't want it to interfere with the review.
- Everything still seems in perfect condition
- Highlight on the cheek bones, inner corner of my eyes and under my brow bones are still visible.
- Eyelids have not creased
- Lips and cheeks are still vibrant and in good condition.
7hrs After Application (and lunch)
Once again, I did not retouch or blot anywhere because i didn't want it to interfere with the review.
- Highlight is still visible
- Eyelids have not creased (love it!)
- The lips have started to fade, leaving only visible colour on the outer portions of my lips.
- Cheeks have slightly faded but is still visible.
We are able to know what colour the product is without having to open the product or read it's name.
I also love the little detachable sharpener it comes with, makes it easy when you want a more precise and sharp line.
- Products texture and application?
It does not pull at all when applying (even on the lips!) and glides on beautifully,
- Colour Payoff?
- Lasting powder?
However, they did fade on my lips and slightly on my cheeks - conclusion, if disturbed by food or hands it will fade, so always reapply on lips!
All in all, I have to say I am very impressed by this Etude House range, and I seriously need to buy some more, maybe one for concealing... and contouring... oo and for the brows!... haha.
I hope you all enjoyed this review and be sure to check in for more reviews and fun stuff in the future.
Don't forget to visit our channel (HERE) for more beauty talk, hauls and tutorials.
Subscribe! Youtube Channel:
For business enquiry: email@example.com